This is my second post for today, but I really wanted to play along with the Hambo Hoedown and the challenge closes in just a few more hours! I can't say I'm extremely happy with the way this card turned out. I'm going to be brave, though, and post it anyway. I think I'll try this technique on a future card, but using a silhouette image instead.
This week at the Hoedown, we were to use a technique from Splitcoast Stampers Resource page. I chose the Bouncing Brayer technique to create the background on my card. I had a fall colored spectrum pad that had never been touched, so dug it out and put it to work! Hooray for using something in my stash!
Supplies:
Stamps - Hambo (Snail Rake - digi)
Paper - Gina K white CS, SU Old Olive CS
Ink - SU Kaleidacolor Spectrum pad (Pumpkin Patch), SU Old Olive (sponging)
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, orange gemstones, Nestabilities (circle), brayer, baker's twine, foam dots (popped up main image)
This week at the Hoedown, we were to use a technique from Splitcoast Stampers Resource page. I chose the Bouncing Brayer technique to create the background on my card. I had a fall colored spectrum pad that had never been touched, so dug it out and put it to work! Hooray for using something in my stash!
Supplies:
Stamps - Hambo (Snail Rake - digi)
Paper - Gina K white CS, SU Old Olive CS
Ink - SU Kaleidacolor Spectrum pad (Pumpkin Patch), SU Old Olive (sponging)
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder, orange gemstones, Nestabilities (circle), brayer, baker's twine, foam dots (popped up main image)

Wow! This is absolutely fascinating and it looks really hard. I am going to have to go check it out - but I am just not convinced that I have the skill to do it!
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! LOVE that paper you used with it too. Great card.
ReplyDeleteI haven't gotten to play the last couple of weeks at the Hoedown - hopefully I will for the next one.
Love your card.
Lynn
I think it looks awesome! Love the tie-dye effect and how the image circle is offset on the green circle.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a "groovy" card! I love the bright tie dye and the way you used the sentiment! Thanks for playing along at the Hoedown again!
ReplyDelete